122512 - The Urban Tracker (In Cavite) - Construction Time Again At Bahayang Pagasa

B
reaking away from Manila and spending Christmas here in Bahayang Pagasa, Imus is my yearly ritual. But this time of the year I got a nephew Ronron in my command or is it the other way around. At 6 years of age, he is lost in toys like today he grabs and unwrap my gift to him – the lego set of Ninja - he is yearning for some time now.

Photobucket
He immediately opened the box to take out the contents which are all bits and pieces of a puzzle to form a jet ship with an instruction booklet for guidance. I have yet to finish a bowl of salad dessert that I am already in initial construction of the set. My nephew needed a little assistance for he could end up confused or shuffle the parts. He was getting a little absorbed as each of the piece was attached to form the base of the toy. I asked him to find the correct piece as I turned on the booklet page which he was so eager to do so. Construction toys like this are good to stimulate kids abstract thinking and also to develop their patience and eye for detail.

Photobucket
It’s been like 30 minutes and the figure of a space jet is slowly coming out. The wings have yet to be attached and the most crucial part is the hinge where we have to put a rubber band on the back to stretch the toy. Ronron's 6-year old mind was glued all the way to the outcome of our construction. When the wings were already attached, I asked him now to test assemble it on the table. And accidentally ,the toy parts have been detached and I have to go back to the booklet and see which section the detached part belongs. I told Ronron to return  playing the Angry Birds in his tablet while I work on reconstructing it. And again the toy was back to form, this time I have to glue some parts and tape other unstable areas. It’s like returning to my childhood for a brief moment working on this toy puzzle and sharing it with my nephew. 


Photobucket
Toys do make a great on kids. Like them, you have to get lost on the play to gain connection with them, the world they call childhood. I wonder how many more Christmas is left to see my nephew fade away from childhood, now enter the importance of leaving him good memories money cannot buy. Seasons greetings!

Photobucket
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...